Fun game! Enjoyed spending a half hour with it. :)
Pikupals: Picross + Aliens
~Made for GBJAM 8~
Help Bea investigate mysterious ruins and help her new alien friends by solving picross puzzles! Featuring over 12 recruitable aliens, each with their own helpful ability.
Control pad: WASD or arrow keys
A: Z or M
B: X or N
Start: Enter or space bar
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Never played picross before? Confused by the rules? Stuck on a puzzle? Read up on the game here!
- You can hold the button down to mark several squares in one fell swoop.
- Once you've recruited a few aliens past the first three, you can customize your team by pressing the space bar on the map screen!
- There is currently no direct way to exit out of a puzzle you didn't mean to start, though you can fail it on purpose with no penalty.
- Abilities that reveal lines and columns "stack", which means using three characters who reveal one random line will always reveal three random lines, and so on.
- According to my uncle who works at GBJam, look under the truck to find a super powerful secret monster!!!
- Version 1.2: Options, controller support and an announcementNov 04, 2020
- Version 1.1: Post-Jam JamboreeSep 14, 2020
- 5 Picross Games That Inspired PikupalsSep 09, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Super cute! Wonderful art and a really inventive way to tell a story!
Absolutely delightful! I love the art style.
love it, very cute. <3
This was a cool picross game! I love the characters and I was delighted to discover the secret one behind the truck.
My friendly suggestions for improvements if ever wanted would be:
- An ending sequence with all characters in the spaceship or a planet would be fantastic!
- The powerups get a bit repetitive; all of them are either extra hearts, or revealing tiles. I think many quality-of-life features of modern picross games could be made into powerups for more diversity. For example, marking each individual number as completed as you work on a line, a brush with temporary markers for planning, or an invincible mode that doesn’t punish you for mistakes (at the cost of not informing you whether the marked tile is correct or not either, until you solve the entire puzzle).
Thank you so much! Your feedback is appreciated. We probably won't update this game, but I'm hoping to work on more picrossy goodness in the future. Watch this space!
A delightful little game!
Cute and easy game ^^ the puzzles were pretty easy but of course got harder with each level. The story and characters were so cute and i loved being able to meet each of them ^^ really glad i decided to play this game ^^
really cute game! i love how the nonograms were really a part of the story and the character's powerups!
Really liked to play this game! It is in my Top 5 of this week!
Check my video!
Can You make a GB or GBA build? I would love that
Sadly not! It was made in Unity which doesn't support the GB format.
Amazing game! I would buy a longer version if you made it.
love picross games :) No way to enjoy a windows build ?
This was so charming. I wish I could rate it! Played it all the way through. Nice Missingno reference too lol
I just finished this and I loved every second!
Amazing art, music, and gameplay. One thing I might say though, is that an ingame picross tutorial would've been nice.
CUTEST GOD DAMN GAME EVER <3
omg the art is amazing. never played picross before but this is lots of fun :D