really cute game! i love how the nonograms were really a part of the story and the character's powerups!
Pikupals: Picross + Aliens
~Made for GBJAM 8~
Help Bea investigate mysterious ruins and help her new alien friends by solving picross puzzles! Featuring over 12 recruitable aliens, each with their own helpful ability.
Control pad: WASD or arrow keys
A: Z or M
B: X or N
Start: Enter or space bar
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Never played picross before? Confused by the rules? Stuck on a puzzle? Read up on the game here!
- You can hold the button down to mark several squares in one fell swoop.
- Once you've recruited a few aliens past the first three, you can customize your team by pressing the space bar on the map screen!
- There is currently no direct way to exit out of a puzzle you didn't mean to start, though you can fail it on purpose with no penalty.
- Abilities that reveal lines and columns "stack", which means using three characters who reveal one random line will always reveal three random lines, and so on.
- According to my uncle who works at GBJam, look under the truck to find a super powerful secret monster!!!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Version 1.2: Options, controller support and an announcementNov 04, 2020
- Version 1.1: Post-Jam JamboreeSep 14, 2020
- 5 Picross Games That Inspired PikupalsSep 09, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Really liked to play this game! It is in my Top 5 of this week!
Check my video!
Can You make a GB or GBA build? I would love that
Sadly not! It was made in Unity which doesn't support the GB format.
Amazing game! I would buy a longer version if you made it.
love picross games :) No way to enjoy a windows build ?
This was so charming. I wish I could rate it! Played it all the way through. Nice Missingno reference too lol
I just finished this and I loved every second!
Amazing art, music, and gameplay. One thing I might say though, is that an ingame picross tutorial would've been nice.
CUTEST GOD DAMN GAME EVER <3
omg the art is amazing. never played picross before but this is lots of fun :D