Version 1.1: Post-Jam Jamboree
Hey gang! We're absolutely floored that Pikupals has made Top 10! And now that the jam has wrapped up, we can add some quick-fix QoL changes we'd been itching to. Nothing huge, but we hope you'll enjoy them!
Version 1.1 patch notes:
- Bea now has a special ability! With her on the team, empty squares in completed rows and columns will automatically be crossed out.
- Holding the key down to cross out squares will no longer erase already crossed-out squares, and vice-versa.
- You now have a brief period of "invincibility" after making a mistake.
- The puzzle cursor's speed has been tweaked.
As for what lies on the horizon, we're considering adding the following features, though those will take more time:
- A more robust tutorial! Probably the #1 priority, considering how many people are discovering picross through this game.
- Controller support!
- Options to let you adjust BGM and SFX volume, mainly.
- A "pause" menu for puzzles, so you can adjust those options and exit to the map.
- "Hard Mode", which turns character abilities off, for experienced players.
- "Classic Mode", which won't tell you when you made a mistake, for true picross purists.
- Maybe even... more content?! Wow!
- Got any more suggestions? Comment here or get in touch to let us know!
- Stay tuned!
Get Pikupals: Picross + Aliens
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.